Section 2 – Local Colleges with SEND provision

Local Colleges with SEND Provision such as supported learning or foundation learning

Depending on if you sit GCSEs or not you could go to sixth form. Each sixth form has its own entry requirements, but most ask for Grades 4 or 5 and above in mainstream schools. Many special schools also have their own sixth forms if you are currently educated in a special school.

Other options include going to a college and, depending on what level you are at, you have the option to study various different levels and courses including supported learning or foundation courses. Colleges also offer entry-level courses and courses ranging from Level 1 to 3. Check out the individual colleges and sixth forms to find out more details. Below are some colleges that offer foundation courses and supported learning courses for those pupils educated in special schools. They also offer entry level and courses starting from Level 1 upwards.

Warrington Vale Royal College

Birchwood High School & Sixth form

Reaseheath College

Petty Pool Vocational College & Outdoor Centre

Cheshire College South & West

Information Hub – Contents